These punchy bowls are a fun, refreshing summer dinner! The sweet, zesty peach salsa plays off avocado, grilled halloumi, and fragrant coconut rice.
On Sunday, I wrote all about how Jack and I love grilling halloumi in the summer. I thought I’d follow up that post with an example of how we like to serve the halloumi once it comes off the grill: in these delicious bowls!
This recipe is my kind of summer meal – one that’s fresh and flavorful but still plenty satisfying. It starts with a base of fragrant coconut rice and black beans. Then, I pile on the grilled halloumi, a scoop of peach salsa, and creamy avocado slices. A handful of fresh mint leaves and drizzles of cilantro lime dressing are the perfect finishing touches!
My big tip for this recipe is to make a few of the components ahead of time. I like to prep the salsa and the dressing (and the beans, if I’m cooking them myself) up to a day in advance. That way, it’s super simple to assemble the bowls when we’re ready to eat.
I know some of you love to put your personal spin on a recipe. Please, feel free to make this bowl your own! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Swap the salsa. The great thing about the peach salsa in this recipe is the way its sweetness plays off the aromatic coconut rice and salty halloumi. Another fruit salsa would deliver the same contrast. Try replacing the peach salsa with one made with mango or pineapple!
- Add extra crunch. Garnish your bowl with toasted pepitas or fresh corn kernels to add texture.
- Nix the halloumi. Add crumbled feta to your bowl instead.
- Make it more savory. Not a big fruit-for-dinner person? That’s ok! Replace the coconut rice with my cilantro lime rice, and use pico de gallo instead of a fruit salsa. Skip the mint.
- Add some pop. Top your bowl with a few pickled onions or pickled jalapeño slices.
- Amp up the veg. Throw in grilled onions and/or zucchini.
Let me know what variations you try!
More Fun Summer Dinners
I hope you love these summery bowls! Give them a try, and then make one of these fun dinners next:
Peach Salsa Halloumi Bowls
These tasty bowls are one of our favorite summer dinners! I love the contrast of the sweet, refreshing peach salsa with the creamy avocado and salty halloumi.
Prepare the individual components according to each recipe linked above.
Assemble bowls with the rice, beans, halloumi, and avocado. Top with scoops of the peach salsa and drizzle with the cilantro lime dressing. Garnish with more herbs. Season to taste and serve with lime wedges.